Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Greetings, Moldy Movie and T.V. Lovers!

I'm a great fan of old movies and television, particularly old adventure series from the 50's such as "The Adventures of Long John Silver", "Robin Hood (with Richard Green)" and "The Buccaneers". I've bought a fair number of these series and I tend to watch a few episodes carefully and then start to tune them out and leave them on in the background as I continue to watch them. I've often felt that it's a shame that I lose focus and don't savor the experience more.

This blog is my attempt to watch each episode or movie purposefully and to think more carefully about what I'm watching. By forcing myself to write a post about each episode, and to take screen caps, I'll be certain to really digest and fully enjoy the experience.

I named this blog "Golden Moldies" because they are old, but I still treasure them. Some are more "gold" and others are more "mold", so I'm going to be rating the episodes from my highly subjective viewpoint. If you're also a fan of this type of old T.V., I hope you'll take the time to share your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment